Term 2, 2022
Praise the Lord Jesus Christ. It is my belief that you are well under the banner of our Savior Jesus Christ. We are grateful for your partnership as we continue to work together to bring transformation to the KB community.
Samuel James Okal
Headteacher, Korogocho B
Total Enrolled: 587 students
Total Unsponsored: 210 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho B
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Resolving marital conflicts is a challenge for many parents in the Korogocho area. We have observed that many times when separation occurs, individuals remarry within a very short period of time which leaves the children hurting and with many unanswered questions.
This is what happened to *David’s family.
David is a grade six student at the KB center and he lives with his mother and sister. After his parents separated, the father went away with David’s older brother and left him behind. Although the father is still in communication with them, the separation really affected David negatively to the point where he would refuse to come to school.
He would give all manner of flimsy excuses for the absenteeism and when he came to school, he would not sit still in class. His grades were poor and most times he had incomplete homework. David’s mother was feeling very frustrated and even wanted to take him to boarding school to see if this would help to keep him in school.
We offered counseling sessions to David while the teachers continued to help him with his classwork. We also incorporated the parents and advised them not to let their differences hamper them from pulling together to raise their son. They were able to cooperate on this and even worked out a system where David gets to spend time with his father during the weekends.
With time, we have seen that the boy is slowly coming to terms with the situation at home. With the reassurance he now has from both parents and time spent with his father has given him a positive outlook towards life. David now comes to school every day and is working hard in his studies. He also appears more settled and is able to focus when he is in class.
We are so grateful to God for the positive changes we have seen in David. We are hopeful that the family will reunite so that the children can grow up in a more stable environment.
Please keep this family in your prayers.
- We are proud of our grade eight students who, last term, sat for their national primary school exit exam. They had an impressive mean score which placed them highest among MOHI schools.
- In preparation for the next national primary school exit exam, which will be done in November, we have registered 53 students. We also have 60 grade six students who are set to sit for the first-ever national exam for grade six students in line with the new curriculum. Please keep these two classes in your prayers.
- We thank God for the construction of a new classroom and look forward to better catering to our students.
- Pray for the continued success, good health, and general well-being of all our students, their families and our staff members.
- Pray for KB to finally have permanent buildings. We believe God is the provider and in His time, all these will come to pass.
- Pray that our 210 unsponsored students will get sponsors who will stand with them in their education and also help them through prayers.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: