Term 1, 2022
We give glory to God for helping us successfully complete this school term. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. May God richly bless you. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Samuel James Okal
Headteacher, Korogocho B
Total Enrolled: 592 students
Total Unsponsored: 361 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho B
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Sean lives with his parents and two siblings in the neighboring community. The family has been doing well with the father running a business that met the family’s financial needs.
Sadly, Sean’s father got into an accident that left one of his hands badly injured. The treatment needed specialist care and he has had to go through several operations. The resultant medical bills and the fact that he is not able to work has greatly affected his business. Forced to rely on income from the mother’s small business, the family has struggled to make ends meet.
The family needed a lot of emotional support at this time and we made regular visits to the home to pray with them and offer them words of encouragement. We also noted that Sean’s grades had become affected and the teachers stepped in to counsel him and give him the assistance he needed. In time as we continued to offer this support, we found that the family was getting strengthened, Sean started to improve academically and his parents acquired a more positive outlook towards life.
We are grateful to God because, after several medical procedures, the father is now better and has gone back to work. The family is slowly getting back on their feet. They are grateful to God for the healing and restoration and to MOHI for the support we offered them during this difficult time. We give glory to God for He has been an ever-present help in times of need.
- We are proud of our football team who scooped the third position in a local league football game.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 57 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one on April 25th. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We are thankful that our grade six students got to spend time at the Angaza Discovery Camp. They came back with a greater commitment to read the Word of God and to prayer. We are grateful that the transformation has started in their lives.
- We also thank God for our 27 grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7th-9th. We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school for all our students.
- Pray that the pending government documentation will be provided so that we can put up permanent structures for our school.
- Pray for our students as they break for the long holiday, that they will stay safe and be in good health. We pray the same for all the parents we serve and our staff members.
- Pray for peace to prevail over Kenya during this election period.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: