Term 4, 2021
God has been gracious and has enabled us to see the end of another school year. We don’t take it for granted and we are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Samuel James Okal
Headteacher, Korogocho B
Total Enrolled: 587 students
Total Unsponsored: 334 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho B
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Gerald is a grade seven student at our center. He lives with his aunt and uncle within the community.
Gerald’s mother has mental issues and she is unable to take care of herself and her child. That is why Gerald lives with his aunt. This situation has been affecting the boy psychologically and makes it difficult for him to concentrate in class. It got to the point where Gerald wanted to drop out of school and he would also disappear from home for days. Whenever this would happen, his aunt and uncle would reach out to us for help to trace him and we would search for him until we find him.
Each time we located Gerald and convinced him to return home and to school, we would then offer him counseling sessions. We would also pray with him and talk to him about the love of Christ. It did not happen immediately but over time, we started to see a change in Gerald’s behavior. He was no longer missing school and the report from home was that he is ever-present.
Today, Gerald loves school and is a hardworking student. He is also attending church every Sunday and actively participates in the school’s devotions. There is great improvement noted in this young boys’ life. We give God all the glory!
- We are very thankful to God for enabling us to register grade three pupils with the national examining body. They did a number of tests and practicals and all our learners met the expectations. We give God the glory.
- We had a meeting with our parents where we took the time to encourage them on the importance of taking the covid-19 vaccine. We also had a time of devotion and we formed small groups for Bible study.
- We are proud of our under 14 boys football team who won the regional league title. They had trained hard and this victory was very encouraging for them.
- We were blessed to have a special needs team from CCV visit our center in October this year. They:
- Conducted special needs training with our 25 teachers.
- Had lunch with the special needs children and their families which was very motivating for everyone involved.
- They joined us for a church service at OHC Korogocho.
- Pray with us that God may provide our 334 unsponsored students with sponsorship.
- Pray for financial provision so that we can put up a permanent building and also acquire all the learning materials that we need.
- In this era of covid, pray for the continued health of our students and their parents as well as our staff members.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: