Term 3, 2021
Receive greetings from Korogocho B center. We trust that the Lord has kept you safe amidst the pandemic challenge. The Lord has really been gracious to us. Thank you so much for the prayers you unceasingly make on our behalf and also for the support you continuously give to KB. May God increasingly bless you for being our faithful partner – we will always pray for you.
Samuel James Okal
Headteacher, Korogocho B
Total Enrolled: 584 students
Total Unsponsored: 331 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho B
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Abdul is a grade six student at the KB center. He joined the school in 2013 as a kindergarten student and lives with his parents in the neighboring community.
Abdul’s parents do not have a steady source of income and have to rely on casual jobs to provide for the family. The young boy would often go to bed on an empty stomach which affected his school attendance and concentration in class. The social workers conducted regular home visits just to encourage the family and often we would allow Abdul to carry some food home. These actions made the family see the love of God through MOHI staff.
When the covid pandemic hit, Abdul’s family was among those that benefited from the food baskets we distributed. They were really grateful for this timely provision and the family as a whole developed a very positive attitude towards school. On his part, Abdul started to show a love for his studies and no longer misses school. His academic performance has improved and his teachers enjoy teaching this positive and well-behaved student.
We thank God for partners like you who help us give and in so doing model to men, women, and children – some of different faiths – the unconditional love of our Savior.
- We thank God that all our former grade eight students successfully transitioned into high school.
- We had 56 students move from kindergarten to grade one and 66 others joined kindergarten.
- We are proud of our soccer team that joined the Korogocho Children’s Sports League. They have so far played two matches – they won one and drew in the other. The league is still on and will continue next term.
- We introduced a Chess Club and the response by our learners has been encouraging. They are eager to learn and are really enjoying the game.
- A team of doctors from the US, in conjunction with pastors from Christ’s Church of the Valley – Arizona toured our center. They screened and treated our students focusing on common conditions seen in the community such as malnutrition, anemia, respiratory infections and dental cases.
- Our staff members also benefited from this team’s medical expertise during a week-long staff-only medical camp held at MOHI’s Pangani center.
- We are trusting God for funding to put up a permanent structure at KB. Pray with us that God will make this possible.
- This term we lost a kindergarten student. Please join us as we pray for comfort for the grieving family.
- Pray for good health for our students, their parents and all our staff
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: