Term 2, 2021
Praise the Lord Almighty. Receive our warm greetings in the name of Jesus Christ. We have just come to the end of the third term and we are super excited to share with you this term’s highlights. We are very grateful for your continued support to ensure our learners and the community are well taken care of. Thank you so much and may our God bless you exceedingly for your willingness to partner with Korogocho B.
Samuel James Okal,
Headteacher, Korogocho B
Total Enrolled: 499 students
Total Unsponsored: 284 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho B
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
David* is a student preparing to join grade nine. He was a pupil at K.B and he just completed his national primary school exit exam in March this year.
David lives with his mother and life has been very difficult for them since his mother does not have a steady source of income. They live in a dilapidated mud house that is almost falling apart and gets drenched when it rains. When the covid pandemic hit, life took an even more difficult turn for this family since there were no casual jobs available which meant no money to put food on the table. During this time, David lost his brother and after the funeral, he joined his mother in collecting used bottles which they would sell in order to earn a living. This became his new norm such that when schools reopened, David refused to come back saying he wanted to help his mother provide for the family.
The social workers continued conducting home visits, talking to David and eventually, he agreed to come back to school. As an even greater bonus, David accepted Christ as his savior and that is when we noted a real change in his overall behavior and attitude towards school. As he continued to participate in the school’s daily devotion programs, David gained the confidence to teach the Word of God and also learned how to pray. We also empowered the mother to start a small business which she did and is now able to better provide for her son.
Together, mother and son have experienced true transformation. They are both very active in church and David has joined the youth program. He is now very positive and is excited to join high school soon. We give all glory to God for all that He has done.
- We are very happy and thankful to God for our grade eight learners who just recently did their national primary school exit exams and emerged the best among MOHI schools. For sure your unceasing prayers for us are taking Korogocho B to greater heights.
- We are proud of our parents who turned out in large numbers when we called them for a meeting to sensitize them on the effect of the Covid 19 pandemic and how to control it. We really thank God because they took it positively and are now implementing the lesson they learned to curb the spread of the virus.
- We are proud of our newly established Christian Union Club led by Amina Ndanu who has just started grade eight, who has convinced her peers to join the club. This has resulted in changed behavior among the learners who are now more disciplined and God-fearing.
- Pray for our staff, students, parents and the entire Korogocho B community that the Lord will grant us good health.
- Pray for our school to get a land title deed and to have a permanent building.
- Pray for our families to be economically empowered and to have stable sources of income.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: