Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Kiwandani center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights with you. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 300 students
Total Unsponsored: 220 students
Sponsor a Child at Kiwandani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Janet is a kindergarten student at the Kiwandani center. When school opened this term, Janet did not come to school. When we followed up, the social worker discovered that Janet’s mother had taken her and her younger sibling away to a town about 34 miles from Kiwandani.
Janet’s grandmother, who has always acted as the primary caregiver, gave us directions to where the child had been taken. The social worker paid them a visit and he came back with her. We found that Janet had a bad injury on her leg and we took her to a nearby clinic where she received medical attention. She was then reunited with her grandmother and she is currently attending school from there.
We thank God for helping us return Janet back to school.
- We are proud of our grade five learners who, through the guidance of their class teacher, composed a life-changing narrative that they have been presenting to guests at the school.
- We give glory to God that the activities in our academic calendar went on without a hitch. All our students successfully sat for their end-of-term exams without any interruptions.
- The health of our students is improving and we appreciate MOHI’s health team who have been conducting nutritional assessments for our kindergarten students.
- Stadia group conducted home visits in the community on 1st June.
- We are grateful to the team from Pathway Christian Church who held a dental camp for our students and staff and attended to 22 children and four adults.
- Pray that our 220 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Pray for finances so we can acquire our own land and have a permanent location for the school.
- As our country prepares for elections on August 9th, please pray that there will be peace and political stability in our country.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: