Term 1, 2022
We give glory to God for guiding us and helping us complete this term. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 235 students
Total Unsponsored: 155 students
Sponsor a Child at Kiwandani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Noah is a kindergarten student at the Kiwandani center. The 10-year-old joined the school in July 2021 and is settling in well.
Noah’s family was really struggling financially and when we met this child, he looked very weak and malnourished. Also, he had never been to school and that is why he is now in kindergarten while his agemates are in grade four. His parents were both jobless and when the social worker conducted a home visit, he brainstormed with them on work they can do to support their family. We thank God that following consultations with the staff, Noah’s mother was hired as a caregiver for one of the staff workers.
With the salary she is getting, she is now able to provide for her family. We have also seen an improvement in appearance in Noah. He now looks healthy and bright and his concentration in class is now much better. We give glory to God.
- We are proud of our grade three students who recited the Lord’s prayer in the form of a song to a visiting team. These young ones worked really hard to get this right and to see them do so in English was a special treat.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 35 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one on April 25th. It has been exciting watching these students learn how to read and write.
- We are grateful that we were able to successfully undertake all the activities and objectives we set out to realize when the term started in January. All our learners successfully covered the syllabus, sat for their end-of-term exams and they are now ready to move on to the next grade come April 25th.
- We were honored to host some representatives from Summit Christian Church. These are our sponsors and we were happy to have them tour the center and interact with all of us.
- We also received the visiting MOHI-US team who spent time at our center.
- We have 155 students who are not sponsored, pray that they will find sponsors.
- Pray that we will get our own school property where we can move and put up roots.
- We long to have a church within our school so that we can share the love of Christ not just with students and staff but with the community at large.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: