Term 4, 2021
We give glory to God for helping us complete another school year and we are thankful for the support you have given us. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 235 students
Total Unsponsored: 155 students
Sponsor a Child at Kiwandani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Faidha is a grade four pupil at the Kiwandani center. The 12-year-old is the second born in a family of four children and her two younger siblings are also in our school in grade three and kindergarten. They live with their single mother who does not have a regular source of income. As a result, it has been a challenge for her to provide for the family’s basic needs.
When Faidha first started coming to school, we got to learn that the only clothes she had to wear was the uniform we gave her. She would therefore wear this garment in school and at home after school hours. This had an effect on her self-esteem and her school performance was also affected. We thank God because, through intervention by the social worker and the headteacher, our teachers joined hands and got Faidha clothes and shoes she could wear after school. She was very excited to receive these items and over time, we have seen an improvement in her self-esteem and her academics.
There has also been an improvement in her siblings who joined us looking malnourished and are now healthy and energetic. This is thanks to the feeding program which ensures they receive two nutritious meals every single day. Her mother was also encouraged to start a small business and she chose to sell charcoal. From the returns, there has been an improved standard of living for the family.
We give glory to God for the transformation we are seeing happening in this home. We pray that they will all make a decision for Jesus so that they can experience a complete transformation.
- We are very proud of our music and drama club members who represented the school at the school launch. The club is still very new but the students are doing well.
- We are proud of our kindergarten class who presented a poem during the parent’s meeting. It is heartwarming to see these young ones have the confidence to engage in public speaking.
- We are encouraged by the support we have received from MOHI’s leadership and other staff. They have encouraged us as we continue to nurture our young center and we are grateful that all term activities have gone on as envisioned.
- Pray for the families we serve that they will be economically empowered and will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
- Pray for the expansion of our school since we need more classes from next year.
- Pray for good health among our children and their parents and our staff members.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: