Term 3, 2021
We give glory to God for helping us successfully complete our first school term! We are excited to share some of the highlights and successes. We are so grateful for your support and partnership and we look forward to working together to bring transformation through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 233 students
Total Unsponsored: 206 students
Sponsor a Child at Kiwandani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Fatuma is a cleaner at our Kiwandani center. She is a single mother of four children and a guardian to three so in total she has seven children in her care. The family lives in a small single-roomed house within the community.
We first met Fatuma when construction started at the school site. She would come every day seeking casual work and she proved to be very hardworking. Four of her children had already been enrolled at the school and Fatuma was looking forward to having her children start learning. Whenever she would come to work, Fatuma was accompanied by her son who we learned is almost four years old. The boy would cry a lot and when we started giving him food, we noticed that he would become very jolly. We realized hunger was the problem and placed the boy under the school’s feeding program.
As we got to learn of the challenges Fatuma was facing taking care of her seven children single-handedly, we recommended that she be employed as a cleaner once the school started. This was approved and today Fatuma is a valued employee of MOHI and she can now provide a better life for her children. Being a parent with children at the school, our social workers also conduct home visits to pray with her and train her on proper nutrition. The family is now benefiting from spiritual and medical care as well as receiving a quality education.
There is evident transformation in the entire family and we trust God that their future will be bright.
- Our center opened on July 8th with 150 learners. MOHI leadership toured our school and the CEO led in a short service before praying for and anointing the school compound.
- So far we have seven classes with 233 learners and three young ones in the feeding program. These children are all being taken care of by 13 staff members.
- We are proud of our grade two, three, and four learners who form the Traditional Club dancers and who entertain guests coming to the center.
- Our cooks are preparing superb meals and they even received a commendation from the Board of Directors when they toured the school.
- We thank God that all the school term activities went on without a hitch
- Our learners covered the syllabus in time.
- There is good uptake for our morning devotions and also of the common fellowship we have as a school every Thursday after class.
- We were pleased to have a team from Summit Christian Church visit us this term. They conducted VBS for our students that was focused on trusting God. The students had a great time with their lessons, crafts, and games.
- We were pleased to have Mountain Christian church visit us; they prayed with learners and taught them Bible stories.
- Pray for the families we serve that they will be economically empowered and that they will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
- We are trusting God for funds to put up several classes because we will soon not be able to accommodate any more learners.
- We pray for grace upon our staff as they go out into the community to conduct home visits.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: