Term 1, 2022
Greetings from Kibarani center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 396 students
Total Unsponsored: 392 students
Sponsor a Child at Kibarani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Sinamoyo works as a cleaner at the Kibarani center. She has six children and together with her husband, the family lives near the school.
Sinamoyo’s husband is jobless and before she got employed as a staff member, she used to do casual jobs in the community. It was a struggle for this family to survive and her children were all not in school because there was no money to pay for school fees. We thank God that this is no longer the case!
All her six children are now our students at the Kibarani center. They never miss classes and they always come to school looking very neat. Recently, during one of our staff meetings, Sinamoyo was awarded as the most hardworking employee at the center. Another notable change is that while she initially was only able to communicate in the local dialect, she is now very fluent in Swahili. This has come about because of her determination to learn the language and her willingness to interact with her fellow staff members.
Another notable change is that while she initially was only able to communicate in the local dialect, she is now very fluent in Swahili. This has come about because of her determination to learn the language and her willingness to interact with her fellow staff members.
The transformation in Sinamoyo and her children is visible for all to see. She is now a happy, confident woman and her children look healthy and they are well settled in school. We give God all the glory!
- We thank God, that while we are still a new center, we have been able to start clubs that include: Scouting, Awana, music, drama and debating as well as have games and discipleship sessions. These activities happen throughout the week and the students really enjoy them. This is backed up by daily classroom devotions for our children guided by their class teachers and also the school pastor.
- Having a church within the school campus is also of much help to both the community and the students. Every Sunday parents together with their children attend the church service for spiritual nourishment.
- We thank God that all the academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and without any interruptions. The students all successfully sat for their end-of-term exams and they will all be moving to the next grade come April 25th.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 60 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one in April. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We were delighted to host a team from MOHI-US staff. They toured our center, interacted with students and staff alike and then planted trees.
- Pray for the political stability of our nation Kenya, especially during this time of elections.
- Pray that revival will come to our community as we preach salvation to them.
- Pray for financial provision to enable us to complete the new additional classrooms and the chapel.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: