Term 3, 2021
Greetings from Kibarani center! We are excited to have completed our first school term and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 397 students
Total Unsponsored: 397 students
Sponsor a Child at Kibarani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Katami is a parent at the Kibarani center. We met him when our team was conducting a recruitment exercise in the community and we noted that he was always drunk.
After his children were recruited to join the school, the social worker carried out home visits and learned from Katami’s wife that the man was hardly ever at home. He would work and then use the money to buy the local brew. This was a habit spanning many years and it had affected his relationship with his wife and children, not to mention leaving the family in a sad state of poverty.
The school chaplain, who is also the church pastor, was involved in reaching out to Katami. He faithfully followed up with Katami and would talk to him about Christ. At first, the man refused to listen and would shun the pastor’s efforts. The pastor was, however, not dissuaded and kept up with the follow-up, persistently telling Katami of the hope that can be found in Christ Jesus. Katami finally gave his life to Jesus and the pastor has continued to walk with him as a new believer.
It is now two months since Katami’s conversion and the change is nothing short of miraculous. It appears that the Lord delivered him instantly from alcoholism because the man has stopped drinking completely. After years and years of being known as a drunkard, even his family and neighbors are shocked by the transformation. The Lord has also made a way for him such that he is now working as a security guard at a local primary school. And unlike in the past, Katami is now a responsible father and husband using the money he earns to provide for his family.
There is so much joy in this home and we give God all the glory for what He has done! The entire family is now very committed to the school church – Trinity Chapel and they participate in all church activities.
In Katami, the community has seen that God is able to transform a drunkard into a committed family man and a faithful servant of God. We are praying that this story of transformation will draw others to Christ.
- Kibarani center is among the new centers which are located in Kilifi county. We started on July 26th with an enrollment of 289 students and with Traders Point Christian Church as our main partners.
- We thank God that even though we are still very new, we have been able to start school clubs. These include the scouts club, Awana club, the music and drama club as well as the debate club.
- These extracurricular activities happen throughout the week and our students really enjoy them.
- Our daily classroom devotions have also been received well and the students are benefiting from this time of spiritual growth.
- Having a church at the school has also been very beneficial to the community. We have our students and their parents attend the church service and this has led to a spiritual awakening in the community.
- We successfully have the morning devotions.
- We have a fellowship with all the students on Wednesday after classes while staff members have theirs every Thursday.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions.
- Since the center is still new we have had several visitors paying a visit to the school as follows:
- Mountain Christian Church had one couple tour with us and intermingle with all the learners.
- A team from Christ Church of the Valley, led by pastor Larry Fraley, also spent time with us at the center.
- Pray for continued good health among our students and staff members.
- Pray for the political stability of our nation Kenya especially as we prepare for an election year – 2022.
- Pray against the challenge of early pregnancies that is very rampant among the girls in the community.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: