Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Kiamaiko center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ.
Total Enrolled: 1,240 students
Total Unsponsored: 46 students
Sponsor a Child at Kiamaiko
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Abby is a mother of three. Two of her children are students at the Kiamaiko center – in grade eight and kindergarten; her last born is still very young and not of school-going age.
Abby and her children live within the Kiamaiko community and it is during one of the home visits that our social worker first met with her. That was back in 2012 and when we engaged Abby, we realized that she was struggling with alcoholism but she was sober enough to engage in a meaningful conversation. At the time, Abby only had one child and we learned that she was struggling to provide for the child who was also not in school. We enrolled the boy as a kindergarten student in 2013 (he is now in grade eight).
Back then, Abby was engaged in various activities of ill-repute and our main focus was to help her find a better way of supporting her family. In 2016, she fell ill for close to five months and we helped her get the treatment she needed. It was then we discovered that she had contracted HIV/Aids and she was expecting her second child. We stayed close with Abby and as we continued to share the love of Christ with her she opted to mend her ways and stopped taking alcohol. By the grace of God, she secured a steady job and this has made it easier for her to provide for her children.
Abby is a Muslim and the journey has not been an easy one. Nonetheless, with God’s help, we have continued to share the love of Christ with her. We believe that she will come to experience holistic transformation.
- We are very proud of our scouts’ club which participated in several local training exercises. This was in preparation for regional competitions scheduled for next month.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions. All our students successfully sat for their end-of-term exams and will be moving onto the next grade. Glory be to God.
- The school music team is practicing various items as they prepare to compete in the annual school music festivals scheduled for next term.
- We were blessed to have Crossroads Christian Church visit us this term again. They conducted VBS for 1,003 students around the theme ‘trusting in God’. The students engaged in a time of singing, playing games, face painting, puppet shows as well as art and crafts.
- Pray that our 46 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Pray for the families we serve that they will be economically empowered and will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
- Pray for our staff members that they will be in good health even as they serve the students and the larger Kiamaiko community.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: