Term 1, 2023
Hello friends. Receive greetings from Kariobangi Center. God has been so faithful and has brought us to the end of another successful school term. We would like to thank you; our partners for your support as we bring transformation to our community through the love of Christ. Here are some of the highlights of this term that we would like to share with you.
Veronicah Kalekye Mukula, Head Teacher Kariobangi Center
Total Enrolled: 526 students
Total Unsponsored: 223 students
Sponsor a Child at Kariobangi
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Ian* is in grade 4 and a resident here in Kariobangi with both his parents. When Ian was in grade 3 his behavior started to change. Ian had previously been well behaved, honest and attended school every day. He suddenly started to skip school and lie to his parents. His class teacher noticed the frequent absenteeism and asked his social worker to find out if anything happened at home.
Ian’s parents were shocked to hear that Ian was not in school as he would leave every morning and return in the afternoon. They also told the social worker that they too had been observing some strange behavior from Ian. They told the social worker that Ian would talk to them about God, but the verses that he would quote sounded altered or changed. When he was asked what the verses meant his interpretation seemed strange to them and as though it was of false doctrine. His social worker knew that they had to talk to Ian and find out where he had been going during school time.
Ian had a few counseling sessions with his social worker, during these sessions the social worker noticed a strange book that he would carry around. Upon investigation the book was a Bible, but it did not belong to the church of Jesus Christ. He told the social worker that he has been attending this church where they give him rice and beef stew everyday and require him to memorize verses from this Bible. He told his social worker that since joining this church he has been feeling afraid and having nightmares.
Ian’s parents were shocked to hear this, they worked hand in hand with their social worker to pray for Ian and teach him about Jesus. As Ian learned more about Jesus and about how He is the Prince of Peace and how much Jesus loves Ian. Ian decided to give his life to Christ. After getting born again Ian’s nightmares stopped and he is not afraid anymore. Ian has since left that church and is back on the right track to finishing his education.
We thank God for Ian and for God touching his heart and leading Ian towards Him.
*Name has been changed
- Our Drama club competed in the National Drama Festivals qualifying for two rounds and earning a certificate. Congratulations team.
- Our all students Choir have been evangelizing and called to lead worship in churches nearby. We thank God for the opportunity to minister and share the love of God through song and dance.
- Our MOHI centers held a soccer tournament where students competed with other children from different schools. Our team won many matches. Congratulations team.
- Students from Valley Christian High school came to visit our school. They had VBS with our students as well as fun activities like dancing, arts and crafts. They also managed to visit our community and give blankets to mothers with little babies.
- Pray for the members of our community who are sick. We pray that they may have a quick recovery and receive God’s healing.
- Pray for financial breakthrough for some of the parents who are struggling in these tough economic times. Pray that God will provide for them so that they can sustain themselves and their families.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: