Term 3, 2022
Greetings from the Kariobangi Center! We are grateful that another blessed school term has elapsed and we want to share some of the highlights with you. We are very glad, our hearts are full of gratitude for your unrelenting support and partnership as we work together to see lives transformed through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Total Enrolled: 437 students
Total Unsponsored: 134 students
Sponsor a Child at Kariobangi
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Lucy* comes from a highly dysfunctional family. Her father and mother have separated. Neither of them took responsibility for her. They abandoned Lucy and left her to live with her grandmother. Before the split, Lucy was exposed to an extremely harsh environment: from domestic violence and having an alcoholic father, to living in a neighborhood where there are high cases of insecurity, drugs, muggings, and different forms of abuse and negligence that are commonly faced by children in the Kariobangi community.
Due to these challenges, Lucy’s childhood was negatively affected. Before Lucy joined our Kariobangi Center, she had been absent from her former school for a whole year. Lucy’s grandmother, a woman in her sixties, who sells vegetables outside her house was disturbed that Lucy wasn’t in school. She reached out to one of our social workers while recruitment was happening. Lucy was then recruited into our Kariobangi Center.
When Lucy first joined Karibobangi Center she struggled to concentrate in class. She was always sad and isolated herself from other children. But all these things have changed in the few months that Lucy has been in the program. She is happier now, her physical body is well-nourished, and her academics have improved as well. Lucy now aspires to be a nurse when she grows up.
Being a part of MOHI has been a great blessing to Lucy as it has changed her life completely. With quality education, nutritious meals, Bible lessons that teach Christian values, and a child-friendly school environment that enhances growth and development, Lucy’s life is now full of hope and promise.
*Name was changed.
- We are so proud of our students who were engaged in a number of co-curricular activities like internal soccer competitions and swimming activities.
- We were pleased to host Antioch Christian Church, who successfully conducted VBS. They shared the word of God with the children and taught them dances. They also shared milk and biscuits with the children.
- We were also blessed to host four CMF college interns from June to the end of July. We conducted home visits together and shared meals, and the word of God. They also facilitated devotion almost every day with our children.
- Pray for continued peace and unity in our community, especially after the just concluded general elections that took place in the month of August.
- Pray for the Kariobangi community for holistic empowerment of the community. We pray that it will be a cohesive, safe, confident, prosperous, and happy place for the community to live in.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: