Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Kariobangi Center! We are grateful that another blessed school term has elapsed and we want to share some of the highlights with you. We are very glad, our hearts are full of gratitude for your unrelenting support and partnership as we work together to see lives transformed through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Total Enrolled: 460 students
Total Unsponsored: 90 students
Sponsor a Child at Kariobangi
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Verne is a grade two pupil at the Kariobangi center. The eight-year-old is among the pioneer students who joined the school when the center was officially launched in 2018.
Verne lives with his three sisters and his parents in the surrounding community. His father has been relying on casual work to fend for his family and his mother is a housewife.
Both parents do not have post-high school training or skills that could help them secure any formal jobs. Lack of finances has also made it difficult for them to establish a business. This has left the family struggling financially and in turn brought conflict into the home denying them a sense of peace and unity. The family was also not going to church and did not have any form of spiritual grounding.
We thank God because we have seen a real transformation in this family. As we continued to work closely with them, Verne’s parents both gave their lives to Christ and have now become committed members of the local community church.
Verne’s father also secured a better-paying job in the transport industry and he is now able to better provide for his family. This family now experiences love and joy and they are able to communicate with each other in a healthy, loving way.
We really thank God for the holistic transformation noted in this family and especially reflected in how happy and well-adjusted the children have become. We give all the glory to God.
- We are very proud of our scout’s club which participated in a locally organized competition where they emerged first. Some of the activities they engaged in included hiking, games such as blind man’s buff, dancing, and athletic competitions.
- We thank God that our 60 boys and girls who graduated from kindergarten and joined grade one this term have settled in well.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions. All our students successfully sat for their end-of-term exams.
- We were blessed to have four CMF Interns (American college students) visit and work with us this term for 6 weeks. They worked with all our staff at the center, went to the community with our social workers, and interacted with our students teaching them about trusting God. The students had a great time learning from the interns about different Bible stories lessons, and playing games.
- We were blessed to have the Calvary Church of Pacific Palisades/Rainier View Christian Church visit us this term. They spent some good time with our learners impacting them with the knowledge of the Bible and also playing games with them.
- Pray for financial provision so we can expand our school as we envision having additional grades in the school.
- Pray for the provision of resources so we can have a computer lab installed at the school. This will be very helpful for us as we implement the new Kenyan curriculum that includes computer skills.
- Pray for the political stability of our nation, Kenya especially as we prepare for the general election to be held in August.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: