Term 2, 2022
Receive greetings from the Kargi center. We have come to the end of another academic school term and I wish to share some updates from our center and the community at large.
Total Enrolled: 550 students
Total Unsponsored: 178 students
Sponsor a Child at Kargi
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Brenda is a 12-year-old girl who lives within the larger Kargi community with her seven siblings and her two parents.
Brenda joined our school this year and despite her advanced years, we recruited her to join the kindergarten class. This is because Brenda had never been to school before and had spent her childhood in the grazing fields. This has also been the case for her other siblings because the children’s parents do not value education.
Brenda’s case took a turn for the worse in 2020 after her father withdrew her from the fields and married her off to a young man from their community. This marriage was fraught with many challenges and was not working which caused Brenda to leave and go back home. She had lost all hope and she would stay at home taking care of her younger siblings.
We got to learn about Brenda and her siblings from a local missionary who interacts with the local community. He was touring Brenda’s village, as part of his evangelical activities, when he found the young girl. After he talked to her and learned of her predicament, he immediately informed our social worker who followed up on the case.
Today, Brenda and three of her siblings have been enrolled in our school. She is happy to be in school and never misses a day. We are praying that she will learn about the love of Christ and receive holistic transformation.
- We are grateful to God for how far He has brought us as a center. Our pioneer grade eight class did their first national assessment and performed very well. Our school emerged as the best in the whole sub-county. We thank God that all our 26 learners joined high school and are doing well in their academic work.
- This academic term has been a blessing to us. We managed to recruit 96 children who are part of our kindergarten class. The community has embraced education and now appreciates what God is doing through Missions of Hope.
- We have initiated the construction of six classrooms. This will serve our learners well. Construction of the clinic has also started. We are looking forward to serving and restoring hope to the entire community.
- Join us in thanking God for His faithfulness in how far our Center has come.
- Pray for the safety and well-being of all our staff members as they serve the school and the community with all diligence.
- Pray for all our high school students that they will be in good health and that they will excel in their studies.
- Pray for the completion of all our building projects as well as for resources so that we can install a computer lab.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: