Term 1, 2022
Praise Jesus! God has been so faithful to us throughout this term and we are ever so grateful. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 471 students
Total Unsponsored: 178 students
Sponsor a Child at Kargi
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Sifa is a kindergarten student at the Kargi center. The nine-year-old comes from a family of four girls and two boys and they live with their parents.
Sifa comes from a humble background where their father, who relies on irregular jobs, is addicted to drugs and is not able to take care of his family’s responsibilities. Her mother is forced to step up and it is a struggle for her because she also does not have a job.
Sifa has always had a strong desire to be in school but this dream has not materialized. The mother has always insisted that she is not able to pay for her school fees. Despite these challenges, Sifa was once recruited to a local school, but her father objected to her schooling. She tried again in 2020, but there was no one to financially support her dream. Our social worker met the young girl early this year during a home visit and got to learn of her interest in education. Sifa later came to the school with her Sunday school teacher just to reiterate her desire to be in school. We took up Sifa’s case and approached the parents. Initially, they were totally against her going to school. We, however, did not give up and after several sessions, her mother agreed that Sifa could join the school.
Sifa has proven to be a diligent student who has a real thirst for knowledge. She never misses class and is always very cooperative in all school activities. She is a quick learner who continues to portray a high degree of positive attitude. Her spiritual life is also growing as she participates in all the spiritual programs.
We thank God for the work He is doing in Sifa’s life and we pray for transformation for the whole family.
- We thank God for our 55 kindergarten students who graduated this term and are set to join grade one in April. The students and their parents were very excited to make this transition.
- The mentorship program has brought a lot of positive impact to our students. Most of them have shown great improvement in not only their academic performance but also in spiritual growth.
- We thank God for our inaugural grade eight class who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The 26 students did this exam from March 7th-9th and we are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school.
- We need resources to construct four extra classrooms so that we can accommodate more students. Our enrollment numbers are growing every day and there are more children who want an education in the Kargi community.
- We desire that God would provide a high school for our students. School keeps them safe, especially from early marriages.
- Pray for our Kargi center to have a reliable source of freshwater.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: