Term 4, 2021
We are thankful to our God for helping us complete this academic term. We are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 471 students
Total Unsponsored: 178 students
Sponsor a Child at Kargi
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Jack is a grade four student. He is the firstborn in a family of four. He comes from a polygamous family where his mother is the second wife and in total, the family comprises 10 people.
Jack is one among the boys who are lucky to have the opportunity to go to school because the children of the second wife, according to the community’s culture, are not supposed to be in school. Initially, Jack was a herder who had been brought up to learn the ways of the grazing fields so that he would spend his days there. He has many other siblings who are still in the grazing fields because his parents do not value education.
His mother dropped out of school while in lower primary school and was married off by her father to an old man in exchange for camels that came as bride price. She, therefore, did not see the use for one being in school. However, when we asked her to have Jack join our center, she agreed. He started his schooling in January of 2018 as a grade one pupil.
It has been a joy having Jack in our school because he is such a disciplined and obedient boy. Although he has little comprehension on the academic front, he is very devoted to spiritual matters. Being at the school caused the young boy to give his life to Christ and the change in personality is visible for all. Also, through mentorship, interaction with his teacher and fellow learners, Jack has gained more self-confidence. He now attends school without fail and goes to church every Sunday and whenever other services are organized. He can also do a class assignment – even though with difficulties and his speech is also improving with time.
Having the boy in school has also been an avenue for us to interact closely with the parents and also to minister to them. This has borne fruit because the mother now attends church and she is willing to have her young daughter join school once she is of age.
We continue to hold this family up in prayer that they will experience holistic change to the glory of God.
- We are very proud of our grade five learners who have successfully completed their assessment as per stipulations of the new curriculum.
- We thank God for our music club for showcasing their talents especially during parents meetings and other occasions.
- This year we present our pioneer grade eight candidates who are set to sit for the national primary school exit exam in March 2022. These boys and girls have worked hard and we have seen an improvement in both academic and extracurricular activities.
- We did not have visiting teams in our school this year. We, however, thank God that we received several Christmas food baskets from Eastside Christian Church which were issued to our families.
- Pray with our grade eight learners as they prepare to sit for their final national assessment.
- Pray with our Kargi community that has been greatly affected by drought. Most of our parents have lost a lot of animals.
- Pray for God’s provision for our center that is in need of a boarding section, more classrooms, and staff quarters.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: