Term 3, 2021
Receive Calvary greetings from Kargi. We thank God for this great opportunity to share some highlights with you. Thank you for your partnership that enables us to transform lives. We look forward to continuing working together in sharing the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 473 students
Total Unsponsored: 170 students
Sponsor a Child at Kargi
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Helima is a grade one student at the Kargi center. She joined the school in 2019 and despite being 11-years-old, we enrolled her in the kindergarten section.
The girl had never been to class having been in the hands of her very traditional father who does not value education. Helima was ear-marked for marriage and had been trained to herd the family’s animals while awaiting her marriage. Together with her parents and three siblings, their lives revolved around the grazing fields and the children had little hope of attaining an education.
We were able to recruit Helima through the intervention of her grandmother. We conducted numerous home visits trying to have the pending marriage revoked and have Helima join the school. We thank God because we were finally able to remove the cultural engagement adornments of bracelets and necklaces. In so doing, Helima was essentially declared free and she could now go to school.
Because Helima’s father was opposed to the idea of her going to school, her elderly grandmother took her and housed her. She is always encouraging her to work hard in school and is solidly behind her. Helima has taken this opportunity positively and despite being in class with children who are way younger than she is, she has remained determined to learn. Because of her stature and age, Helima really stands out but she has not allowed this to bother her. She interacts well with her classmates and is respectful towards her teachers. She loves schooling and we see her now having hope for a better future.
Please join us as we pray for her parents that they will embrace the need for education and also allow Helima’s siblings to also come to school.
- We are proud of our soccer team which has shown great improvement. They have performed well in inter-school competitions winning most of the games.
- We give glory to God for our environmental club. The learners have planted over 100 seedlings and they are doing well. The trees have grown and they make the school look beautiful.
- We are proud of our Music club. Although we did not participate in any festival competitions, the learners keep nurturing their talent and there is marked improvement in their performance.
- Pray that all our students, our staff members, and their families will enjoy good health.
- Pray with our pioneer grade eight students as they prepare to sit for their national primary school exit exam come March 2022.
- Join us as we trust God for provision to set up a reliable water source and to also establish a boarding school section.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: