Term 2, 2021
Receive greetings from Kargi. As we mark the end of this term, we wish to share some updates. God has been so faithful, we have witnessed His doing as we continue to work closely with this community.
Total Enrolled: 404 students
Total Unsponsored: 145 students
Sponsor a Child at Kargi
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Nawiri* is a 17-year-old grade four student at the Kargi center. Nawiri joined us in 2017 and although she was old enough to join grade seven, she was not able because she had never been to school.
Before she joined the MOHI program, Nawiri was the designated family herder. She was always out in the grazing fields, all alone and with nothing but the animals for company. One day, Nawiri was kidnapped by a young warrior and he took her to his home as a wife. In an attempt to rescue his daughter, Nawiri’s father sought help from the local administration, his neighbors and even reached out to us. Our field officer joined the rescue mission and we thank God that the girl was removed from that unpleasant situation. Nawiri could no longer be sent to the grazing fields and we convinced her parents to let her join our school, instead of just staying at home, also noting that this would be for her protection. They agreed.
During the four years that Nawiri has been a student at our school, we have seen her mature in an all-rounded manner. She is well behaved, jovial and she gets along well with her teachers and classmates. She is also a diligent student who is dedicated to her learning and who portrays leadership qualities. She is a good role model to other girls and it is our prayer that she will pursue her studies well and have a better, brighter future.
- We give glory to God for our kindergarten learners. We had 71 young ones graduate and they will be joining grade one in the coming school term.
- Our volleyball team continues to make strides towards improving their skills. Despite restrictions brought on by COVID-19, they have remained committed to practices and are set to engage in any upcoming competitions.
- We are thankful to God for our grade seven learners. These boys and girls have shown a lot of commitment in their academic work. They have also shown great growth in spiritual matters, especially during daily morning devotion.
- Pray for our neediest learners, especially the orphans, that God will provide for them all they need.
- Pray for our parents and other community members who travel to far-off places in search of pasture and water. We pray that God gives them good health and peaceful interactions with the other communities they meet.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: