Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Gitathuru Center. It is the end of another amazing school term and we would like to share with you some activities that we have had in the course of the term. Thank you for your prayers and partnership throughout the term. Indeed lives have been transformed and we glorify God.
Total Enrolled: 733 students
Total Unsponsored: 249 students
Sponsor a Child at Gitathuru
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Val is a grade eight student at the Gitathuru center. She joined the school in 2012 as a kindergarten student. She comes from a polygamous family and together with her seven siblings, they live with their father and stepmother.
Val’s transformation started in 2021 after her class teacher noted the child’s poor academic performance, low self-esteem, and poor concentration in class. The social worker followed up on the case and we got to learn that Val was having issues with her stepmother. The woman would overload the child with a lot of household chores which left her tired and without time for any studies or rest.
We intervened in order to have this situation resolved. The social worker followed up with Val’s stepmother by making several home visits where she was guided on children’s rights and parental responsibilities. Val was taken through counseling sessions for six months which helped to build up her self-esteem. The class teacher assisted in revision and classwork and this has helped her improve academically. Spiritually there has also been a change since the family now attends a local church.
Val now has a positive outlook on life. She is working hard as she prepares for her national primary school exit exams that will see her transition to high school. We give glory to God for the changes we have seen take place in this family.
- We are glad to report that all the grade eight students who sat for the national primary school exit exam last year, have now transitioned to high school.
- We invited our grade seven and grade eight parents and students to an academic clinic where we discussed how best to improve the school’s academic performance.
- We are also happy to report that 26 grade seven students were baptized this term. These students’ spiritual transformation started after spending time at the Angaza Camp early this year. We are witness to their continued spiritual growth and we give God all the glory.
- We are glad to report that our in-person school mentorship Ignite program has resumed. Our grade six and grade eight students were very excited to participate in this program.
- Continue praying for God’s provision for the completion of our building and the finishing of all classes, library, computer lab, and offices.
- We thank God that this term 65 of our students received sponsorship! Please join us as we pray that the remaining 249 will also find sponsors.
- Pray for our grade eight students who are set to sit for their national primary school exit exams in November. As we work towards preparing them for these exams, please pray for their protection and good health.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: