Term 1, 2022
As the Gitathuru family, we give glory to God for helping us complete this school term. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 693 students
Total Unsponsored: 312 students
Sponsor a Child at Gitathuru
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Vincent is a grade six pupil at the Gitathuru center. He has a younger brother and they live with their parents in the area near our school.
We have been having disciplinary issues with Vincent for a while now. He has been one student with whom we have had several counseling sessions to help him mend his ways. The change witnessed following these talks has been minimal and short-lived. We, however, did not give up on Vincent and we have kept him ever in our prayers.
This January, Vincent was part of the team that left for the two-week break at the Angaza Discovery Camp. When he came back we were struck by the change in him; even his countenance was different and he told us that he had given his life to Christ while at the camp. We are happy to report that we have not had any problems with Vincent since then. The disciplinary issues are gone, his academic performance is greatly improved and the amazing thing is how clean and well dressed he is now when coming to school.
Vincent’s transformation is evident physically, spiritually, and even academically. We truly bless the Lord for His doing in Vincent’s life.
- As staff members, students, and parents, we came together and participated in 21 days of prayer and fasting. It was such an amazing experience.
- We are thankful that our grade six students got to spend time at the Angaza Discovery Camp. This experience really transformed them since all 68 pupils in grade six received Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 62 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one in April. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We also thank God because we resumed our Ignite program. All grade six to eight pupils participated in this discipleship event
- Pray for God’s provision of resources for the completion of our school building.
- Pray that our 312 unsponsored students will receive sponsorship.
- Pray for the protection of all our students as they take this long holiday break. That they will be safe and in good health.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: