Term 3, 2021
Praise the Lord! We give glory to God for helping us complete this school term. We would like to share some of the activities that took place in the course of the term. Thank you for your continued support and may God bless and keep you safe.
Total Enrolled: 704 students
Total Unsponsored: 305 students
Sponsor a Child at Gitathuru
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Simon was a grade eight student at the Gitathuru center and is now a grade nine student at the Ndovoini center. He is an orphan and together with his older sister they live with a guardian in the Gitathuru community.
Simon joined the MOHI program after our social workers found him wandering in the streets in a very bad state. When we followed up on his case, we discovered that the guardian was negligent towards the children. She was very involved in her illegal alcohol brewing business and was too ‘busy’ to take the child to school. Education was not viewed as a priority by this family and it took several sessions with the guardian before she consented to have Simon join the school.
We took to visiting the home regularly and in time, the guardian would even allow us to pray with her and evangelize. She eventually stopped her alcohol brewing business and started engaging in casual jobs to support her family. The family started attending a local church and was doing well until covid hit. The guardian lost the jobs she was doing and often Simon had to join her in selling street food in order to make ends meet. We encouraged the family to put their trust in God and ensured Simon kept up with his studies.
After he sat for his national primary school exit exams, he was worried that he would not advance with his studies due to the family’s financial situation. We, however, thank God because the recommendation we made for him to join the Ndovoini secondary boarding school was well received.
Simon has settled well into secondary school and the reports we get are that he is a hardworking, well-behaved student. We pray that God will continue to provide for this family and that Simon will push on with his education to the highest level.
- We were blessed to relocate to our permanent new building – which is almost complete – and to be able to accommodate all our learners.
- The pupils enjoyed learning activities, mentorship activities, guidance and counseling, the feeding program, and reading lessons that took place in our school.
- We are glad to report that 99% of our last year’s grade eight students successfully transitioned to high school.
- Our staff attended a medical camp offered by a team of doctors from the US, in conjunction with pastors from Christ’s Church of the Valley – Arizona. The week-long camp was held at MOHI’s Pangani center.
- Pray for God’s provision of resources for the completion of the Gitathuru building.
- Pray for God’s protection against covid in all MOHI schools and in the families and communities where we serve.
- Pray for the academic success of all our learners as they continue to work hard in their studies.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: