Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Gitathuru center. We are thankful to God for His sufficient grace, love and protection upon our lives and the communities we serve. We are happy for your continuous support and prayers.
Total Enrolled: 597 students
Total Unsponsored: 172 students
Sponsor a Child at Gitathuru
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Indra* has been a pupil in our school since 2012. He is 12 years old and in grade six. He lives in Gitathuru with his single mother and one sibling.
This child’s journey of transformation started one year ago after the class teacher reported to the social worker about his decline in academic performance. The mother also informed the social worker that Indra was keeping bad company; that he was not doing his homework and would instead spend his evenings loitering with these new friends who did not go to school.
The social worker held several sessions with the child and would also visit his home to try to improve Indra’s relationship with his mother which was deteriorating very quickly. She found out that the mother would punish the child for every little mistake and that is why he was opting to spend time with his friends. The social worker took both Indra and his mother through counseling sessions and there has been a remarkable improvement in their relationship. The two even attend church together and they have a good relationship.
As things at home settled down, we have seen a positive behavioral change in the boy, evidenced by homework done and overall improvement in his academic performance. He is also well-behaved in class, as reported by the class teacher, and he spends his time revising his work. He is now focused on his future and aspires to become a pilot. His personal life goal is to work hard so he can be able to support his family and give to his community. We are praying that these dreams will come true and we give thanks to God for this great testimony!
- We had a successful school term where we achieved our set academic goals despite challenges brought on by COVID-19. We were especially glad to conduct mentorship sessions with our students and to see the positive impact this is having on them.
- Our kindergarten students graduated and are now ready to move on to grade one as did our grade eight students who will now be transitioning to high school.
- We are grateful to God for His faithfulness in using our partners, who because of their sacrificial giving, our new school continues to take shape. This is an answered prayer for us and we give thanks.
- Pray for protection, good health and the grace of God to be upon all our staff members, our students, parents and the entire community.
- Commit the 2021 academic year into God’s hands. Pray that He will guide all our engagements whether in the classrooms or in the communities we serve.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: