Term 3, 2022
Greetings from Coram Deo Center! We give glory to God for yet another term this school year. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we would like to share with you.
Headteacher, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 414 students
Total Unsponsored: 296 students
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Grace*, Brenda* and John* joined the Coram Deo Center in 2020. They come from a family of 6 where they reside with both parents. Their parents are both casual laborers, working on peoples’ farms and doing household chores to sustain the family. They live in a one-roomed shanty made of iron sheets in the Huruma community in Molo town.
Before the intervention of the social workers, the three siblings would come to school looking scruffy and unkempt. They sometimes would come to school not having eaten since the day before. The parents at the time had separated, and this resulted in the negligence of the children. As a result, the three siblings had very poor attendance.
The irregular attendance caught the attention of the social workers and they paid the family a visit. After meeting with the parents, it became apparent that the family needed some guidance to make sure that the children grow up in a conducive environment.
The social worker and the MOHI pastor began regular counseling visits. During these visits, they would minister to the family and pray with them. Soon things started to change. The children started coming to school wearing clean uniforms and they are rarely absent from school.
The family started attending a local church every Sunday. The 3 siblings are now able to confidently lead the class in morning devotions and prayer. With help from their class teachers, the children have all improved in their studies. We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in this family.
*Names have been changed.
- We are proud of our athletics team who actively participates in interclass competitions once a month.
- We are proud of our grade three, four, and five learners who successfully did their national assessment projects, eg. raising chicken, or growing a garden.
- We thank God for our student-led Christian Union fellowship which is doing very well and is helping the learners grow spiritually.
- Pray for the provision of finances so we can construct additional classes and administration buildings.
- Pray for the economic empowerment of our parents so that they can be able to provide for their children.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: