Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Coram Deo center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Headteacher, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 402 students
Total Unsponsored: 218 students
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Percy is a grade one student at the Coram Deo center. He joined our school in 2020 as a kindergarten student. Percy is under the care of his grandparents who earn their money by working on people’s farms.
Soon after he joined the school, we noticed that Percy had developed bad behavior. He would hide in the bushes and even sleep in maize plantations to avoid coming to school. When he did come to school his uniform was dirty, he was disobedient to the teachers and he would beat up other pupils and use abusive words. His behavior was not any better at home; he was rude, disobedient and he would spend the night away from home.
To address this issue, the social worker and the school chaplain joined hands to help the boy. We carried out several counseling sessions and took every opportunity to pray with the boy and share the love of Christ with him. We also included the grandparents in a combined effort to help Percy mend his ways. This March we started observing positive changes.
Percy started reporting to school early without coercion and no longer misses school. He is ever clean and has become a hardworking, obedient student. His class teacher says that his academic performance has really improved. Percy also goes to church every Sunday and has become a changed child even at home. His grandparents have given us a good report of his behavior at home.
We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in Percy’s life.
- We thank God that the 85 kindergarten pupils who graduated last term transited to grade one successfully and are doing great.
- We thank God for the support the parents have shown this term. There has been a notable improvement, compared to the last term. Because of this, all our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions.
- Our students have also been engaged in extracurricular activities including interclass athletics competitions, mentorship programs and spiritual programs such as AWANA.
- We have 218 learners who are unsponsored. Please pray that all of them may be sponsored.
- Pray for the provision of finances needed for the construction of additional classes, an administration building, a computer lab, a perimeter wall and a permanent gate.
- Pray for the political stability of our nation, Kenya as we prepare for the general election to be held in August this year.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: