Term 1, 2022
We give glory to God for helping us complete yet another term in this school year. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we would like to share with you.
Headteacher, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 325 students
Total Unsponsored: 202 students
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Oliver is a grade one student at the Coram Deo center which he joined in January 2020 as a kindergarten student.
The 10-year-old is the sixth born in a family of eight of which two of his siblings are students in our school. Their parents depend on irregular casual jobs to sustain their family and they are both devout Christians with the father serving as an official in their local church.
In early 2021, we noticed a difference in Oliver’s behavior. Whereas before he was an obedient, cooperative, and well-behaved boy, he suddenly became very unruly. He started abusing his fellow students, starting fights in class, and then stealing from his classmates, his teacher, and even at home. He was coming to school wearing a dirty school uniform and would get home very late. Our investigations caused us to discover that Oliver had joined the wrong company of friends that was teaching him many vices as they encouraged him to make money of his own. He would leave school and go to salvage for items he could then sell to make a few coins.
Once the cause of Oliver’s bad behavior was identified, we established an intervention process involving his parents, their pastor, the social worker, and the class teacher. We engaged the young boy in regular counseling talks aimed at showing him the error of his ways as well as offering him spiritual guidance. We thank God because, in December 2021, Oliver gave his life to Christ and since then, we have witnessed positive change in him.
He stopped fighting and abusing other pupils. He stopped stealing from class and also at home. He now goes to church every Sunday and he is part of the Sunday school team in their church. Oliver is one of the students who sings very well during class devotions, he recites memory verses and his class teacher is now very happy with him. He no longer misses school and he is always on time and comes wearing a clean school uniform. He has been appointed as the prefect in charge of the cleanliness of their class.
We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in the life of Oliver.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 81 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one in April. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We are proud of our student-led Christian Union fellowship which is doing very well and is helping our students to grow spiritually.
- We are proud of our grade three and grade four students who successfully did their national competence-based curriculum assessment project.
- Pray for God’s provision of finances to enable us to construct additional classes.
- Pray for divine protection upon our learners and the families we serve.
- Pray for the economic empowerment of our parents so that they can be able to take care of their children.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: