Term 4, 2021
We give God the glory for helping us complete another school term. Here are some of the success and highlights we want to share with you. We are so grateful for your support and partnership. God bless you.
Headteacher, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 326 students
Total Unsponsored: 124 students
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Mary, Sheila and Daniel are learners at the Coram Deo Center in kindergarten, grade two and grade four respectively. They joined the school in March last year. They, and a younger sibling, reside with both parents within the neighboring community. Their parents depend on casual jobs – mainly working on peoples’ farms – to sustain their family.
When the children first started coming to school, we noticed that they were always looking dirty and unkempt. They would appear hungry and were not regular in attending their classes. We followed up to find out what was wrong and found that the parents were quarreling a lot and this had caused them to neglect the care of the children. At some point, these parents even separated which made the situation even worse.
We immediately launched an intervention led by the social worker and also roped in the pastor. We conducted regular counseling sessions with the couple and home visits to try and resolve the matter. It was not easy to address the issues but we kept at it and prayed for the family regularly. It was not until October this year that we started seeing a difference. The family was reunited and we noticed that Mary, Sheila, and Daniel were now coming to school regularly. We also noticed that the children were now very clean, in proper uniform and they did not look hungry.
They also now attend a local church every Sunday and they can confidently pray during class morning devotions when called upon to lead the class in prayer. The children’s class teachers have also noted an improvement in their academic performance.
We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in this family.
- We are proud of our rugby team which is proving to be very skilled as it participated in inter-classes competition at the center level. We are now planning for inter-school competition come next term.
- Our grade three learners successfully participated in a cultural day where they showcased traditional costumes, ornaments, and sang folk songs.
- We also celebrate our grade four learners who worked on various projects in the home science, agriculture, and art classes.
- We thank God that our staff team-building exercise was very successful this term.
- Pray for God’s provision of funds to enable the construction of additional classes and other facilities at the center.
- Pray for the families we serve who are facing a lot of conflicts. Pray that parents will not be separated since this affects our learners so much.
- Pray for the community we serve that God may deliver them from alcoholism.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: