Term 3, 2021
Greetings from Coram Deo center, another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Headteacher, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 338 students
Total Unsponsored: 65 students
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Paul is a kindergarten student at the Coram Deo center which he joined in January of 2020. He and his sibling live with their grandparents in the neighboring community and they rely on casual jobs to provide for the family.
When Paul joined our center, we noticed he was having some behavioral issues. He was constantly missing classes. He would hide in the bush and in maize plantations in order to skip class. When he did come to school, he was dirty, disrespectful towards the teachers and would also beat up other pupils and use abusive words.
The social worker and the school chaplain intervened by taking a keen interest in the boy and by conducting regular home visits. When schools closed for a long time following the covid outbreak, we continued with the home visits to engage the child; counseling him and praying with him.
Paul was more subdued when he reported back to school this year and it was not until July that we started noticing a definite change in his behavior. Not only was he no longer absconding classes, he always came to school on time and looked very clean. He was also more cooperative with his teachers and fellow students. His grandparents also came to the school and reported that Paul was now a changed boy and that he was going to church every Sunday. We realized that the child was only looking for attention and affection and that the Bible stories we were sharing with him were having a positive impact on him.
We thank God for it is evident that He is working in young Paul’s life. We have continued to walk with him closely even as we pray that he will stay on this path he is currently on.
- We thank God for the 60 boys and girls who graduated from kindergarten and joined grade one this term. They have settled in well.
- We are excited to have 35 new learners join our center! These are the children we recruited to join kindergarten and we have enjoyed having them with us this term.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful there were no interruptions.
- Pray for God’s provision for finances to facilitate the construction of additional classes and other facilities at the center.
- Pray for the families we serve that God may deliver them from alcoholism and that there may be no family separation.
- Pray for the families we serve that they will be economically empowered and will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: