Term 2, 2020
Another school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thanks for the support and partnership you have accorded us as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Center Manager, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 427 students
Total Unsponsored: 130 students
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Simon and Emily are siblings who became students at the Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Coram Deo center in January 2020.
Simon is in kindergarten while Emily is in grade two and the two live with their parents and four other siblings. Both parents depend on casual jobs to sustain their family and it is a struggle to make ends meet.
After recruiting the children to school, we soon noticed that the parents were struggling with alcoholism which led to domestic conflict. Simon and Emily would often come to school looking very unkempt and their home was also dirty. They were also constantly absent and it was common to find them scavenging in the streets instead of being in class.
We conducted regular visits to the home where we offered counseling sessions and the Spiritual Discipleship Officer (SDO) would share the love of Christ with the parents. We are grateful to God because in August 2020, both parents gave their lives to Christ and we linked them to the local Outreach Hope Church.
Soon after this, we started observing positive changes. The family home was no longer unkempt, the children became actively involved in their school work and participated fully when we had the online classes. Whenever we went for home visits, we would find both children at home, looking clean and well taken care of.
In January 2021 when they reported back to school, Simon and Emily came back with clean uniforms and the right school shoes. They have not missed a single day of school throughout the January to March school term. We have also noted that the marital strife that existed before is no longer there – the family is now living in peace and harmony. They have also become fully involved in church activities and are very prayerful.
We really thank God for the transformation we have witnessed in this family. All glory to God!
** Names changed
- We are very thankful that all learners reported back to school after a long break (since March last year) brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.
- We are proud that all the learners, through guidance from our teachers, were able to maintain high standards of neatness.
- Learners who are part of the environmental club participated in planting trees and flowers to beautify the school compound. They do the watering every Wednesday and Friday.
- A team from MOHI head office, lead by the Executive Director, toured our center to give ‘growing shoes’ to the students.
- For divine protection upon our learners, parents and all staff members.
- For financial provision as we purpose to build additional classrooms.
- Deliverance for some of our parents who are struggling with alcoholism.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: