Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Coram Deo center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ.
Headteacher, Coram Deo
Total Enrolled: 280 students
Total Unsponsored: None
Sponsor a Child at Coram Deo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Six-year-old Paul* and five-year-old John* joined our center as kindergarten students in March 2020. The two siblings live with their grandparents who are casual laborers and who have been struggling to provide for them.
Before they got into the MOHI program, these children’s situation was dire since the grandparents were drunkards who could not take care of them. The children would come to school looking unkempt, they were often hungry and had a hard time concentrating in class. They were also chronically absent from school and upon further investigation, we learned that the children were being left alone to fend for themselves. The elderly couple would go on nighttime drinking sprees leaving the young children all alone.
Our staff intervened by conducting regular home visits where they would spend time talking with the grandparents on the need to care for their grandchildren. We also dissuaded them from taking alcohol by outlining its harmful effects even as we shared the Gospel with them.
It has taken almost a whole year to start seeing changes in this family but we thank God that now the two young boys are doing much better. They now come to school without fail, they are clean and well-fed and there has been a great improvement in their school work. The family also regularly attends the local church and we are delighted to see that both boys can now confidently pray during morning class devotion whenever they are called upon to do so.
Help us continue praying for this family that they will give their lives to Christ so that they can experience the complete transformation that Christ gives.
- We are grateful that our work in the community has had an impact on the residents. Community leaders have decided to rename this area from Casino (associated with immorality) to Coram Deo (in God’s presence). This is a major achievement for us and we rejoice in the transformation work Christ is doing in this community.
- We have designated Thursday as our center’s environmental day and on this day, all our staff members wear branded t-shirts to encourage conservation efforts. We have also set up an environmental club and are encouraging learners and staff alike to plant trees and flowers in order to beautify our center.
- We are grateful for our teachers who have worked very hard to ensure the academic calendar runs smoothly even during these challenging times.
- We had our very first kindergarten students graduate and they will be moving on to grade one in the coming school year.
- In co-curricular activities, our learners have set up a rugby team called ‘The Stars’ and they are excited to train and play together. We also used AWANA games to engage with our students as part of the discipleship process. It was a fun-filled time for both teachers and students.
- Pray for the families we serve that are greatly affected by alcoholism. Pray that God may change their lives and that there would be no family breakdown.
- Pray for the provision of finances for the construction of additional classes at the center.
- Pray for the overall development of our center since it is still young and we are aiming at having a big school in terms of population and infrastructure.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: