Term 3, 2022
I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. We have had a busy and impactful term. We thank God for his good care of us. All glory to God! We thank you for your continued support and partnership over this last term. Here are some of the highlights of this term that we would like to share with you.
Samuel Malachi Anditi Owuor
Total Enrolled: 359 students
Total Unsponsored: 160 students
Sponsor a Child at Bura
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Judy* joined grade 3 at Bura Center in 2020. Her parents transferred her to our school after having heard about Bura’s good performance and well-disciplined students from the community members.
In the process of recruitment, the social worker realized that Judy had a physical challenge. Judy was born normally, but as she grew up, she got into an accident. She fell into burning charcoal at home, the accident made her lose function in her right leg and hand. Because she comes from a humble home she did not get basic treatment and this led to her being unable to fully use those limbs.
We thank God for MOHI who came in and assisted Judy. Judy was taken 8 hours away to Kijabe Missions Hospital where she went for surgery on both her leg and her hand. Judy’s surgery was successful and all her bills were taken care of by MOHI.
Over the years Judy has been recovering well and relearning how to use those limbs. She can now hold a pen and write using her right hand or use both of her hands when doing her daily activities. She can now actively participate in co-curriculum activities that require her to run, like play football (soccer). We glorify God for all this, may the name of our almighty God be praised.
- We were pleased to have MOHI’s health department visit us. They examined the learners and even trained the staff on health and nutrition.
- Our learners were trained in fire safety.
- We had our Grade 6 learners doing projects like chicken rearing and farming which is going very well.
- We dedicated a new 6 classroom building this term giving us more space to serve the community.
- Construction of the clinic in Bura is underway.
- We were pleased to have the Antioch Christian Church visit us this term. They conducted VBS on the theme; “Trusting in God” for our 359 students. The learners had great lessons on Bible stories, crafts, games, and snacks.
- Pray for our learners to come to the saving knowledge of Christ Jesus our Lord.
- We are praying for continued goodwill with the community members here in Bura.
- We are praying for the speedy construction of the clinic which will be a great asset to the community.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: