Term 1, 2022
We give glory to God for helping us complete another school term; we are grateful for His guidance. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 369 students
Total Unsponsored: 277 students
Sponsor a Child at Bura
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Abdul is a grade seven student at the Bura center having joined the school in 2017 as a grade three student. The 15-year-old boy is the fourth born in a family of eight people and comes from a polygamous home. The father is physically challenged hence is limited in the work he can do. As a result, the family’s basic needs are not met and they often have to do without food. The parents, however, value education and they encouraged their children to join our school despite living 18 miles away.
Abdul and his brothers did join the school and they would walk the distance to school every day. Part of the stretch to school involves crossing a river and they would sometimes be late coming to school because they missed the boat or there was nobody to help them cross the river. This hardship became too much for Abdul’s three brothers who opted to drop out of school citing the long-distance walk and other family challenges. Abdul has, however, remained steadfast in his quest for an education. He braves the walk to and from school every day and often makes the early morning walk on an empty stomach.
This dedication and personal discipline has earned Abdul the position of school captain and his leadership is evident. He is very focused on his academics and is always among the top-performing pupils. We have also taken it upon ourselves to visit the family regularly and recently we were able to bless them with iron sheets and built a house for them. We give God all the glory.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 30 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one on April 25th. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We also thank God for our 24 grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7th to the 9th. We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school for all our students.
- We are grateful for the progress of the ongoing construction works at the center. We have a new bathroom and additional classes are also under construction. We give God all the glory.
- We were honored to host Antioch Christian Church in February. They prayed for our grade eight students for peace of mind as they sit for their national exams. They participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for a clinic that will be under construction soon and also prayed for the successful completion of the ongoing building projects.
- Pray for the families we serve, that they will be economically empowered and will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
- Pray for our students as they break for the long holiday, that they will stay safe and be in good health.
- Our community is a real hardship area for our staff. Pray for our staff, that they remain motivated even as they serve the community.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: