Term 4, 2021
We are happy to share the following successes and highlights with you. We are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you!
Total Enrolled: 376 students
Total Unsponsored: 273 students
Sponsor a Child at Bura
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Hawa is a grade seven pupil at the center who joined us in 2019 as a grade five student. The 17-year-old is the eldest and together with her four other siblings (who are also in our school), they live with their parents in the neighboring community.
It had been a challenge for the parents to provide for the family and before Hawa joined MOHI, she would stay at home due to lack of school fees. All the children appeared malnourished and the family was living in unhygienic conditions. After we enrolled Hawa into the school, her social worker started to make frequent visits to their home to speak with the mother. She appeared overwhelmed by the responsibilities they had and it looked like they had given up. We kept making the visits where we would encourage her and her husband.
In time, we were glad to have the father employed as a cook at the center. This has really changed the family’s fortunes. Hawa and her siblings are now settled in school, the father is paying the small commitment fee, all their basic needs are now catered for and the children no longer look malnourished.
Hawa is a disciplined student who is very focused and she is working hard to achieve her dream of becoming a doctor. We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in her family.
- We appreciate the mentorship team at the center for the good work they are doing to equip our learners with life skills.
- We thank God that learning went on well without any interruptions this term. We successfully completed the lessons and all our learners did their end-of-term examinations.
- We continue to introduce new clubs for the increased social growth of our learners. The Environmental club is one of the clubs that has had good uptake and the learners are really keeping our school looking clean and they also faithfully water the trees.
- We were pleased to have a vision trip team visit us this term. They visited the manyattas around the school and later interacted with our learners.
- Pray for the families we serve that they will be economically empowered and that they will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
- Pray for the ongoing projects at the center and that God will provide the required resources.
- Pray for the families that have been affected by drought that they will find their lost hope in Christ Jesus.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: