Term 3, 2021
We give glory to God for seeing us safely through another school term. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you. We are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 383 students
Total Unsponsored: 280 students
Sponsor a Child at Bura
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Mohammed is a staff member at the Bura center where he works as a security guard. He got employed at the center in 2017 and has served diligently since then. He has four children; the eldest joined college recently, followed by a daughter who is in MOHI’s Joska Girls and the two younger ones who are students at our school.
Before his employment, it was a challenge for Mohammed to provide for his family and the family was living in unhygienic conditions. After we recruited his children, our social worker and CHE officer started paying a visit to the home and enrolled the family into the healthy-home program. This is a holistic program that teaches proper sanitation, good nutrition, economic empowerment and also offers psychosocial support.
After our continued home visits, the family was inspired to change their way of life. Both Mohamed and his wife started small-scale farming activities growing food items for their family’s consumption and also for sale. In matters of hygiene, the family has since established a pit for disposing of their rubbish, a dish rack where clean utensils are separated from the dirty ones and they have dug a pit latrine.
There has been a great improvement in the home since MOHI staff started to pay them a visit and Mohamed has become very passionate about family hygiene. We have even promoted him to become a community health volunteer and he has been a great resource to help us empower other community members with the same knowledge.
The family is now doing well financially. From the money they make from selling their farm produce, Mohamed’s wife has started a small food business and it is growing. The family has also moved into a new permanent house which they finished constructing recently. Mohamed has also embraced his deceased brother’s children and is giving them an opportunity to go to school just like his own children.
We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in this family.
- We are very proud of our school’s soccer team that played against a local team from the community and won 1-0.
- Our music team has been doing well especially when we have school events taking place. During the kindergarten graduation, they really did well by entertaining our parents together with the graduates.
- We have also implemented the mentorship program at our center. It is fulfilling seeing the children growing in the knowledge of what it means to be good citizens.
- Pray for the families we serve for the challenges they are facing.
- We pray that they become economically empowered
- We pray that they will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
- Pray for our children to grow in the fear of the Lord.
- Pray for our students so that they will not be affected by the early marriages that are happening in the community.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: