Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Bura. Term two has come to an end and we would wish to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your continued support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Center Manager, Bura
Total Enrolled: 291 students
Total Unsponsored: 188 students
Sponsor a Child at Bura
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Fadia is a grade six student at Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Bura center.
Fadia comes from a humble background with both parents being alive but unable to meet the family’s basic needs. Before joining MOHI, she and her five siblings would stay home due to lack of school fees and this had affected her educational progress.
Our social worker met Fadia fetching water at the river on a school day. After interacting with her, we learned that she – and her siblings – had not been in school for a whole year. We started making frequent visits to Fadia’s home, engaging her parents to allow us to recruit Fadia and her siblings to our school. At first, they were hesitant, but they eventually gave their approval.
We thank God that Fadia has remained in school and this is her second year. She is very committed to her learning and she is always among the top two positions in her class. Her family still has challenges in having the basic needs met adequately but Fadia is thriving nonetheless. She dreams of being a pilot and we believe that her dream will come true if she continues with the same spirit and focus.
Please join us in praying for Fadia’s family, and all the other families that we serve, that they will experience transformation in their lives.
- We are proud of our school team that used football as a tool of evangelism to reach the community.
- Construction in our school is still ongoing and we look forward to being able to accommodate even more children.
- We are happy that efforts by our CHE trainer are paying off as we see community members embrace good hygiene practices.
- We had a medical camp for children with special needs held by MOHI’s health department in partnership with CURE Kijabe. The camp was a success and several children with congenital deformities were attended to.
- We are happy that we were able to plant 116 seedlings at our school courtesy of a local organization that sponsored the event.
- Our grade eight learners and the transition to high school.
- Pray for our staff members that they will continue to find favor and acceptance in the community we serve
- Pray for our community members that they will engage in meaningful activities in order to provide for their families.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: