Term 4, 2022
Praise God, We thank God for He has kept us this far. We thank you for your continued support and partnership as we transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ. Here are some of the term highlights that we would like to share with you.
Headteacher – Bondeni
Total Enrolled: 989 students
Total Unsponsored: 132 students
Sponsor a Child at Bondeni
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Bob* is 7 years old and currently in grade 2 at our Bondeni Center. He is the last born in a family of two children living with their single mother. Bob’s parents both suffer from alcohol addiction; their drinking would cause them to fight. Eventually, the fighting became so bad that they decided to separate.
After Bob’s parents separated, their father could come and see his children every now and then but did not help the mother with any of the bills pertaining to the children. As a result, her drinking problem only worsened. Bob’s mother could no longer take care of her children and many nights they would go to sleep hungry.
Things only got worse when Bob’s mother was diagnosed with high blood pressure and other issues, which made it even harder for her to now provide for her family in addition to the drinking problem. Bob’s family social worker caught wind of what was happening in Bob’s home and went to investigate. They found out that things had gotten so bad that Bob’s mother no longer cared if the children had eaten. They decided to have one on one sessions with Bob’s mother to help her deal with the drinking and the depression.
After a while, the social worker donated some money to help Bob’s mother start a samosa-selling (fried pastry with beef) business. She started out selling 1 pound of samosas every day and now her business has grown to sell 4 pounds every day. On top of this, she has been able to get a few odd jobs in the nearby business district, Eastleigh. This has been a great transformation in their lives. Bob’s mother can now provide for her family and this has been a great boost to her self-confidence.
Bob has now settled into school and his grades have improved as the situation at home gets better. His mom still has a drinking problem, but with the help of all the resources at MOHI, she is not alone in the battle as her social worker is committed to helping her achieve sobriety. We thank God for the work He is doing in the lives of Bob and his family.
*Name was changed.
- We are proud of our students who participated in music festivals and managed to compete at the national level. The team emerged as number 4. Congratulations to our music club!
- Our grade 3 students had their first educational trip. They visited the fire station, the Bomas of Kenya (cultural museum), and the Wilson airport (regional airport).
- We are also proud that our Grade 6 and Class 8 completed their national exams successfully. We pray for all the best as they now go to junior high and high school.
- We were grateful to have Traders Point who visited our center and conducted VBS with our kids who enjoyed the games, music, crafts, and Bible lessons. They also went for house visits with our social workers to pray with the families.
- Pray for God’s protection over our children and their families.
- Pray for our staff that God protects and be with them.
- Pray for the Bondeni community God to continue transforming them.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: