Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Bondeni center! We thank God that another amazing school term has come to a close successfully. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. We are so excited to share some of this term’s highlights with you.
Total Enrolled: 978 students
Total Unsponsored: 210 students
Sponsor a Child at Bondeni
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Eli is seven years old and lives with his mother within the Bondeni area. She has been a resident of Mathare for the last 10 years and relies on casual jobs to fend for herself and her son.
Social workers came across Eli during the normal recruitment process. He was already five years old yet had not been enrolled in school. His mother told us it was due to financial constraints since the schools within Bondeni are quite expensive and she could not afford to take her son there.
He was recruited to the MOHI program and this was a relief to the mother who really struggles to make ends meet. Indeed, having Eli attend school without having to worry about higher school fees from other schools is the best thing that could have ever happened to her. The family also benefited from the food basket distribution conducted last year by MOHI and it was really a blessing to them.
Eli’s school attendance is regular. He rarely misses school, and when he does it is for a good reason. He also comes to school looking neat and well-groomed. He dreams of becoming a news broadcaster in the future and we pray that this will become a reality for him.
- The Bondeni center now has an elevator! We really thank God for this achievement. Our building is the first to have an elevator, not just among the MOHI schools, but also in the Mathare Valley region. We give God all the glory!
- We are thankful that our grade seven boys got to spend time at the Angaza Discovery Camp. They came back with a greater commitment to reading the Word of God and to prayer. We are grateful that the transformation has started in their lives.
- We have increased our school enrollment by recruiting 95 new students who joined the kindergarten class. It is such a joy seeing these young ones in school and we are happy that they are settling in just fine.
- We give God all the glory for our 2021 grade eight students who have all successfully transitioned to high school and are doing well!
- The Sandel family toured our center and they shared gifts with the students and also took some of them on a trip to the Giraffe Center. The students were very excited and they had a lot of fun.
- We were delighted to host a team from Snyder Memorial Baptist Church who have not been here for a long time due to Covid restrictions. Our students and staff were really excited to see them. During their visit they:
- Conducted VBS for grades two, three and four.
- Took their 50 sponsored kids for a trip to the Giraffe Center and also issued new school uniforms for them. The kids were really happy and appreciated these gestures.
- Commissioned the elevator and we thanked them so much for making this a reality.
- Pray that our 210 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Pray for the continued success, good health, and general well-being of all our students, their families, and staff members.
- Pray for peace to prevail in our country, Kenya as we move closer to the August 9th general election.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: