Term 1, 2022
We give glory to God for being with us as we have worked to realize the objectives we set at the start of this term. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 979 students
Total Unsponsored: 267 students
Sponsor a Child at Bondeni
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Leah is a 19-year-old, grade 11 student who is an alumni of the Bondeni center and although she is not in a MOHI school, she is still in the MOHI program and under our care.
Together with her younger sister, Leah is currently under the care of her aunt. The two were abandoned by their mother while they were still toddlers. Their grandmother assumed their care until her demise in 2017 when their aunt took full responsibility for them.
Leah joined the Bondeni school in 2009 as a kindergarten student. She sat for her primary school exit exam in 2018 and in January of 2019, she transitioned to high school. Unfortunately, in the course of the year, Leah got pregnant and while she endeavored to complete her grade nine coursework, she was not certain that her education would continue. She was very discouraged and believed that her dream of becoming a nurse had now come to an end.
Our social workers carried out several home visits where they talked to both Leah and her aunt. Leah was asked not to give up on her education and her aunt was encouraged to offer the young girl all the support she would need. We thank God because these counseling sessions worked out well. After delivery, Leah moved to a school near where they live so that she could be able to look after her son who was being left under the care of her aunt.
We thank God for the transformation witnessed in Leah’s life and we continue to pray for her that she will receive the grace she needs to take care of her child and realize her dreams.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 90 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one on April 25th. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We celebrated our football (soccer) teams as they participated in two friendly matches with our neighboring schools. We are proud of their efforts that led them to emerge as the winner in both games.
- We thank God for our 83 grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7-9th.
- We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition rate to high school for all our grade eight students.
- Pray for God’s comfort upon all our students and their parents who lost all their property in the recent fires within the valley.
- Pray for our 267 unsponsored students that they will receive sponsorship.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: