Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Bondeni center. Another amazing school term has come to a close despite the new normal brought on by Covid 19. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. We are so excited to share some of this term’s highlights.
Total Enrolled: 995 students
Total Unsponsored: 250 students
Sponsor a Child at Bondeni
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Eli* is seven years old and lives with his mother within the Bondeni area. She has been a resident of Mathare for the last 10 years and relies on casual jobs to fend for herself and her son.
Social workers came across Eli during the normal recruitment process. He was already five years old yet had not been enrolled in school. His mother told us it was due to financial constraints since the schools within Bondeni are quite expensive and she could not afford to take her son there.
He was recruited to the MOHI program and this was a relief to the mother who really struggles to make ends meet. Indeed, having Eli attend school without having to worry about school fees is the best thing that could have ever happened to her. The family also benefited from the food basket distribution conducted last year and it was really a blessing to them.
Eli’s school attendance is regular. He rarely misses school, and when he does it is for a good reason. He also comes to school looking neat and well-groomed. He dreams of becoming a news broadcaster in the future and we pray that this will become a reality for him.
- Our learners participated in many activities among themselves because the government banned out-of-school gatherings due to the pandemic.
- Despite the new normal, we were able to organize a debate, a spelling bee, and a talent search. In the talent search, students held fashion shows, displayed art pieces, recited poems, and they also sang and danced.
- Our mentorship activities took on high gear as we engaged our learners in a holistic manner to equip them with essential life skills.
- Some of our parents are struggling with various illnesses. We pray for their healing and total restoration.
- Pray that peace may abound in the community around us and especially among the families we serve.
- Pray for our students that God will help them excel in their studies.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: