Bishop Dan K’ogembo
Term 1, 2023
Greetings in Jesus name. Happy to report that we have started the year well in school. All our students were glad to be in school and our staff were happy to see all of them come from the Holiday well and rested. We Thank God for his continuing faithfulness as we serve the people of Nyakach. We also thank God for your partnership and support as we share the love of Jesus. Here are some of the updates of this term.
Duncan Osudi, Head Teacher Bishop Dan Kogembo
Total Enrolled: 322 students
Total Unsponsored: 179 students
Sponsor a Child at Bishop Dan K’Ogembo
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Mai* is 8 years old and in grade 2. She lives in Nyakach close to our school with her mother who is a casual laborer. She joined our Center last year when we first opened and recruitment was being done by social workers.
Before we opened our Nyakach Center Mai went to another local school, but it was far away from her home. As a result she was always late and this affected the quality of education she received. Mai struggled to learn to read and write as well as learn English.
All of this changed when she joined Missions of Hope. Her teachers saw that she had lots of potential and paid extra attention to her to help her catch up with her classmates. They showed her the love of Jesus and through Him, she grew to love her school.
Mia can now speak fluent English and she has learned how to read and write. Through these skills she has been able to read her Bible and memorize scripture. She is excellent and diligent in her work.
We thank God for the transformation in Mia’s life and for giving her the opportunity to go to a school that caters for not just her educational needs but for her spiritual needs as well. Mia’s mother is also grateful to Missions of Hope as she is able to afford MOHI’s small commitment fee and keep Mia in school
- Our school athletes have been preparing for national field and track competitions. We are hopeful that our athletes will do their best as they start at the zonal level and qualify to different levels.
- Our students have been very engaged in spiritual development programs. They have had MOHI’s “Ignite” services and mentorship classes so far and all these programs have taught them many things that have helped them do better in school and become closer to God.
- Pray for our unsponsored children that they may get sponsored.
- Pray for the community that we serve. Pray that God may protect them and keep them.
- We thank God for Bishop Dan Kogembo Center and the impact it is having on the community that we serve.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: