Bishop Dan K’ogembo
Term 4, 2022
Greetings in Jesus’ name. Our God has been faithful, He has enabled us to serve this new community with a lot of determination and care. This being a new community, parents are happy with what Missions of Hope is doing to transform lives through the love of Christ. This has enabled most of the community members to support the programs of the organization fully. Here are some of the highlights of this term that I would like to share with you.
Duncan Oundo Osudi
Head Teacher – Bishop Dan K’Ogembo
Total Enrolled: 249 students
Total Unsponsored: 250 students
Sponsor a Child at Bishop Dan K’Ogembo
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Richard* is 8 years old and in grade 3 at our Bishop Dan K’Ogembo Center. He lives with his widowed mother since his father died a long time ago. Richard struggled to get a quality education because of the long distance he would have to travel to school. This meant that he hardly went to school at all. When Missions of Hope was introduced in the community, Richard’s mother made an effort to secure a place at our Bishop Dan K’Ogembo Center. This was a breakthrough in the family.
While Richard was in school his mother was sure that he was getting at least two meals a day and this gave her the confidence to go look for casual work in the community. Through that, she is able to get something on the table at the end of the day. She is also planning to start saving with MOHI’s microfinance so she will have access to a loan. Her plan is to open a small business that can support her family more reliably than looking for casual labor.
- We are happy that the health team visited our school to check on the health status of all the children in school. All the children were attended to, and this has improved class attendance.
- For the first time, our boys and girls were able to participate in ball games up to the regional level.
- We are grateful for the provision of the soccer balls from our first partner. This has enabled all children in school to have fun playing during break time and games time.
- Our center had its first Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony. Our students joined grade one in January.
- Pray for the community within Nyakach to be committed to the word of God. Most of the families are not attending churches. We thank God that after planting the Outreach Community Church, community members have started coming to fellowship.
- Pray for the growth of the Outreach Community Church in Nyakach. This will be an avenue to transform lives holistically.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: