Term 2, 2022
Receive greetings from the Area 2 center. We give glory to God for helping us to successfully complete another school term. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Headteacher, Area 2
Total Enrolled: 740 students
Total Unsponsored: 219 students
Sponsor a Child at Area 2
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Harriet is a grade one student at the Area 2 center. She has five siblings – two of whom are students at the school – and she is the fifth born. Harriet and her siblings live with their mother in the community near the school. Her father’s whereabouts are unknown.
The children’s mother struggles with alcoholism and marijuana. As a result, her children are often left to fend for themselves. When we recruited Harriet’s older siblings, she would follow them to school and would spend most of the day around the school. At lunchtime, she would come to see whether we would give her some food and the way she ate made us wonder whether she was getting any food at home.
When our social workers visited the home, they learned that Harriet’s mother did not give her the attention she needed and was always drunk. We would find Harriet crying alone outside their home. She always looked sad and she longed for someone to talk to. She would ask us when she can start going to our school so that she can see her siblings. We often found her looking very unkempt wearing dirty, oversized clothes.
Harriet joined the school in 2020 as a kindergarten student and she has been all smiles since then. She looks healthy due to the two meals she is having at school and she comes to school looking neat in her uniform. Her academic performance has also been good and she has formed strong bonds with her teacher and her classmates. She participates actively in all the school activities and she never misses school without a good reason.
We have been walking very closely with the mother as we encourage her to be more proactive in assuming her parental role. We have seen a difference in that she now ensures her children come to school looking neat and she brings them every morning. She is still struggling with the substances she takes, but as we continue to share the love of Christ with her, we believe she will soon experience complete transformation.
We have seen a great transformation in this family and we give glory to God. We keep praying that the family will get to know the hope in Jesus.
- Extra curricular activities are now opening up following the easing of COVID protocols. As a result, our football (soccer) team was able to participate in a football tournament organized for schools in our region.
- We are thankful that our grade seven boys got to spend almost two weeks at the Angaza Discovery Camp. They came back safely and we are grateful to see the transformation in their lives.
- We are grateful for the construction projects going on at our center. The perimeter wall is now finished and we look forward to completion of the students washrooms and the computer lab.
- A team from White River Christian Church toured our center. They spent time with staff and students and took time to share the love of Christ.
- Pray that our 219 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Pray for the continued success, good health and general well-being of all our students, their families and our staff members.
- We are also trusting God for the installation of solar panels in our center. This will help us in lighting since since the power company does not provide reliable power to our community
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: