Term 4, 2021
We give glory to God for helping us complete the fourth term of the 2021 school year. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Headteacher, Area 2
Total Enrolled: 732 students
Total Unsponsored: 202 students
Sponsor a Child at Area 2
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Alan started schooling at the Area 2 school in 2014 as a kindergarten student. At the time, he lived with his parents, a sibling and a third child who was under the parents’ care as guardians.
Life was a challenge for this family since the parents did not have a stable source of income and Alan’s father was an alcoholic. They however, lived at peace as a family and survived each day on whatever little the parents made from their casual jobs.
In 2016, Alan’s mother was enrolled at the Pangani skills center where she learned dressmaking. After completion of the course, she was given a sewing machine and with it, she was able to set up a business. Life became a bit better for the family.
Sadly, the father passed on in 2017 after he developed breathing complications. Later in the same year, their house got burned and everything was destroyed. The family was forced to start again from the beginning and to rely on their neighbors for support. Yet despite these challenges, they leaned into their faith which we witnessed each time our social workers visited the mother. We encouraged her to look for casual jobs and also taught her how to save a little money. In time, she was able to buy herself another sewing machine and re-establish her business.
Alan’s mother is grateful to MOHI for providing her with skills that have enabled her to provide for her family. She is grateful that she can feed her children and have them go to school.
- We are proud of our grade three pupils who performed well during their traditional dance exam. The assessment was carried out by external officials.
- We are also proud of our grade eight students who did well in their mid-term exams. We feel that they are ready to face the upcoming national primary school exit exam that is set for next term.
- We are proud of our students who performed well in the football competitions held against the neighboring schools.
- We are praying for the completion of the construction of classrooms at the Area 2 center.
- We are praying for financial provision so that we can have the perimeter wall put up. This will enhance security at the center.
- We are trusting God for the installation of a computer lab at our center.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: