Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Area 2! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Headteacher, Area 2
Total Enrolled: 674 students
Total Unsponsored: 67 students
Sponsor a Child at Area 2
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Faith* is a grade five student at the Area 2 center. She, and her two older siblings, live with their grandmother in the Area 2 community. Her two siblings have also been MOHI students at the center and they are now both in high school.
This family joined the MOHI program in 2013 after the children came to live with their grandmother. This was after their father passed away and their mother was imprisoned, charged with having killed him. It was a difficult time for the elderly woman who had no stable means of income to support herself and the young children. Driven by the great love she has for her grandchildren, she sought assistance from our center and has remained a supportive guardian since then.
Over the years, we have walked closely with Faith and her siblings – counseling them and also empowering their grandmother to take on income-generating activities. She has been a positive influence in their lives and is very grateful for the role MOHI has played in keeping her family intact and ensuring they have access to quality education.
We are very proud of this family and we pray that as the Lord continues to watch over them, the children will continue to be role models to their peers.
- We are very proud of our music club that participated in several music competitions. They emerged as the overall winners and they are now preparing for the upcoming regional competitions.
- We thank God for our grade eight students who successfully sat for their national exam and are now transitioning to high school. This term we had sessions with them to prepare them for this next phase of life.
- Our mentorship teams have been working closely with our students and we are grateful to God for the positive behaviors we are seeing among our learners.
- We are trusting God for finances to go towards the completion of our classroom block and to put up a perimeter wall.
- We would like to have a fully fitted computer lab at our center and we are trusting God for the funds to make this possible.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: